5.04.2011

Happy Birthday, Belgian Beauty






"I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day, and... I believe in miracles."



Happy Birthday to the amazing and fabulous Audrey Hepburn! She was born May 4, 1929 in Belgium and is considered one of the most inspiring actresses. Through her early life, she aspired to become a dancer and was a proficient one at that by the age of 20. Her childhood was spent during World War II living with her mother and half-brothers after her father left the family. During the war, malnutrition led to health problems, both permanent and temporary, leaving her skinny. Some think this is why she was always rather tiny even though, mentioned in an interview, she loves food more than most things! These experiences likely made her work with UNICEF, her charity of choice for most of her life. After giving up her dancing dreams, she was cast for Roman Holiday, her first big-time movie. Next came Breakfast at Tiffany's (a personal favorite), My Fair Lady, etc. In total she made 31 astounding movies! Married twice, having two children, she retired with her love, Robert Wolders, and her two children by her side. Audrey Hepburn passed away in 1993 but will always be remembered as a fashion icon and great actress! Happy Birthday Audrey!
xo B




Source: PopPhotoClassicBride30DaysMovieMashWikipedia

No comments:

Post a Comment